BYOB Party is back at Pothi.com’s office this time and on a Saturday.
Have you read a book that you are craving to chitchat about with someone? Have a favorite book that you think everyone would love, if only they knew about it? Want to see what others are reading and have interesting conversations beyond weather, traffic, and real estate?
Then come to the BYOB party on September 15 and talk away! Try to avoid a bestseller and if you have a copy, bring it along and read us a passage. All languages are welcome.
There will be refreshment and swags courtesy Worth A Read.
Venue: #634 (Ground Floor), 5th Main, Indiranagar 2nd Stage · Bangalore
So, what really happens at a BYOB Party?
Everyone brings a book and talks about it. Conversations follow and they are good. So are the refreshments!
You can take a look at what happened in some of our earlier parties here:
- Ten-thousand Hour Rule and Hot Streak @ BYOB Party at JustBooks, Sahakarnagar in July 2018 (Part 1)
- Reincarnation and Book Factories @ BYOB Party in March 2018 (Part 4)
- Wonder, Queerness and the Mind @ BYOB Party at IISc in January 2018 (Part 6)
- Sleep Burglars, Flying Lizards and Myth – Diving into the Vernacular @ BYOB Party at IISc in January 2018 (Part 3)
- Partition and the Woman @ BYOB Party at IISc in January 2018 (Part 1)
- Of Mathematics and Mathematicians @ BYOB Party in December 2016 (Part 3)
Do I have to be there for the entire duration of four hours?
We aren’t closing doors or locking you in. But the party is best enjoyed if you are there for the entire duration and listen to people talk about a variety of books. Trust us, you won’t know how time flew.
Do I have to bring anything?
Nothing really. But if you have a copy of the book you want to talk about, you might want to bring it in. Other attendees might want to have a look, or you might want to read a paragraph from it.
I am an author. Can I bring a book written by me?
A good writer should be a voracious reader. It would be preferable if you brought a book you really like written by someone else.
Who are the organizers?
Is the event free?
Yes, it is free to attend.
I have more questions. Who do I contact?
Shoot an e-mail to email@example.com.
Okay! I am ready to come. What do I do?
If you are not on meetup, you can also Register on Eventbrite.