Have you read a book and are craving to chitchat about it with someone? Have a favorite book that you think everyone would love, if only they knew about it? Want to see what others are reading and have interesting conversations beyond weather, traffic, and real estate?
Then come to the BYOB party and talk away! Try to avoid a bestseller and if you have a copy, bring it along and read us a passage. All languages are welcome.
There will be refreshments and swags courtesy Worth A Read.
So, what really happens at a BYOB Party?
Everyone brings a book and talks about it. Conversations follow and they are good. So are the refreshments!
You can take a look at what happened in some of our earlier parties here:
- Kaizen, Suitable Boys and Stories of Sikkim @ BYOB Party in April (Part 3)
- Classics, Beauty and Paranoia@ BYOB Party in March, 2016 (Part 1)
- Libraries, Fashion and Dysfunctional Families@ BYOB Party in March, 2016 (Part 2)
- Slums, Swans and the story of Dr. Sen @ BYOB Party in February, 2016 (Part 1)
- Istanbul, Rumi and the Gods @ BYOB Party in February, 2016 (Part 2)The
- Mahabharata, Leela and the Hunchback @ BYOB Party in Feb, 2016 (Part 3)
Do I have to be there for the entire duration of four hours?
We aren’t closing doors or locking you in. But the party is best enjoyed if you are there for the entire duration and listen to people talk about a variety of books. Trust us, you won’t know how time flew.
Do I have to bring anything?
Nothing really. But if you have a copy of the book you want to talk about, you might want to bring it in. Other attendees might want to have a look, or you might want to read a paragraph from it.
I am an author. Can I bring a book written by me?
A good writer should be a voracious reader. It would be preferable if you brought a book you really like written by someone else.
Who are the organizers?
I have more questions. Who do I contact?
Shoot an e-mail to email@example.com.
Okay! I am ready to come. What do I do?
If you are not on meetup, you can also RSVP on Explara.