Flora, fauna, environment and heritage can get Meera cracking and climbing mountains at any time of the day. She dons multiple hats as a science writer, a heritage consultant and an entrepreneur. A Ph. D. in Forest Ecology from Michigan State University, she writes extensively on popular science and heritage and has over 200 published articles to her credit. Her own favorites are her compositions on chocolate and grandmothers! Her duties as the co-convener of Bangalore Chapter of INTACH take up the bulk of her time. If you have visited Chitradurga fort or the monuments in Bhatkal or Mirjan in Karnataka, it is likely that you have read the content researched and written by her on the interpretation signage. She is also the brain behind the highly popular ‘Parichay’ walks of INTACH Bangalore. She is a co-founder of Carnelian Heritage Consultants.
She lives in Bangalore with her husband Sridhar, son Rajat and daughter Nandana.
Select Scientific Papers
- Using satellite imagery and historical maps to study the original contours of Lalbagh Botanical Garden (PDF)
- Resorption efficiency decreases with increasing green leaf nutrients in a global data set (PDF)
- Optimal partitioning theory revisited: Nonstructural carbohydrates dominate root mass responses to nitrogen
- Author Update: Seeing beauty in old structures
- Author Update: Traversing a Scenic Silk Trail with Meera